CARL O HELVIE, R.N., DR.P.H. DECEMBER, 2016
CANCER PAIN, ESPECIALLY IN THE BONES, CAN BE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO BEAR AT TIMES. I HAVE COMPILED THE FOLLOWING LIST OF NATURAL PAIN KILLERS OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS. I HOPE SOME WILL BE HELPFUL TO YOU.
- Dr Sunil Pai, M.D. author of Inflammation Nation, invented Bosmeric-SR, a natural inflammatory, that is considered the most effective natural pain reliever available worldwide.. It is time released, becomes effective within 20 minutes and is effective for 8 hours using a time released format. It contains the right amounts of Curcumin Extract, Boswellin, BioPerine, and Ginger Extract. It is available at: https://www.bosmeric-sr.com
- The following list of pain relievers was provided by Bill Henderson a few years ago. He suggested trying several to find the ones that works for you:
- Tumeric Extract
- Ginger Extract
- Proteolytic Enzymes
- Devils Claw
- Boswella Extract
- Dr Ryka Goerd warns against using morphine for mild cancer pain in the recuperative phase of cancer recovery that he says can be fatal. Other categories of pain relievers he included in the article are herbal, food, vitamins, mind-body approaches, energy approaches, detoxing approaches, and miscellaneous. Go to: https://www.healingcancernaturally.com/cancer-pain-management-relief.html
- A query of friends on Facebook who manage cancer sites and/or patients included the following additional suggestions:
Vitamin C and D deficiencies can cause pain so evaluate these.
Cannabis (Hemp) has been shown to have pain relieving properties and best the best strains are reported to be a combination of THC and CBD.
1 tsp of sodium bicarbonate in a glass of water to neutralize lactic acid that may be causing pain.
Apricot Kernels-a natural cancer killer often used as part of laetrile and other cancer treatments reduces cancer pain. (See Laetrile under Specific Cancer Treatments). I used the kernels as part of my treatment for lung cancer and they do have pain reducing properties.
NB Google all herbs and natural products before using because some such as Bromelain has blood thinning properties and may not be suitable for individuals with heart and other conditions who are on blood thinners. Others may have properties that are contraindicated if you have additional health issues. Also google to determine if the herb is used with or without food. For example, Bromelain acts as a pain killer when taken between meals but if taken with meals it is a digestive aid.
- Castor Oil Pacts were prescribed often by Edgar Cayce for many health conditions in his readings and may have pain management properties. Directions for preparing and using these follow: https://www.edgarcayce.org/the-readings/health-and-wellness/holistic-health-database/therapies-castor-oil-packs I have used these successfully for internal pain in various locations.